Originally based out of Jamaica, Vermont— Jamaica Cottage Shop, Inc. was founded in 1995.
With a humble start and wide support from the local community, we went from a one man show to the hustling,-bustling business we are today.
Creating sustainable and accessible building solutions to empower fellow and future builders across the world.
We have a LONG list of amazing employees who are the life blood of Jamaica Cottage Shop. They include Carpenters, Support Staff, Client Care Representatives, Delivery Drivers, Logistics, Delivery Drivers, Designers, and many many more.
These folks are the ones who really make this thing happen. We’re beyond lucky to be a part of such a dedicated team.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Wallace Fischer joined Jamaica Cottage Shop in 2019 having accrued 16 years in financial services, 8 years in the startup industry preceded by 10 years in the banking and financial sectors. He started as the comptroller here and brings a lengthy career as a resource to help nurture Jamaica Cottage Shop into a multi-generational presence in Southern Vermont.
A native Nebraskan, Wallace now resides in Londonderry with his wife of 39 years Cathy after several years in the Boston, MA area. They have two sons, a daughter in law and our first granddaughter who take up a large part of their lives. Living in Vermont comes full circle for both as Cathy also grew up in rural upstate New York.
He is closely tied to charitable efforts around cerebral palsy and autism, both of which have had an impact on his immediate and extended family.
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
DIRECTOR OF SALES & SERVICE
1. Made in North America. Our Vermont Craftsmanship and locally sourced, sustainably harvested rough sawn lumber ensure that you will be receiving a product that surpasses standards.
2. Easy to assemble kits developed with beginners in mind. Everything needed to construct a post and beam building shell is included. Each piece of lumber is marked with a color coded sticker. Toll FREE tech support is available for assembly guidance or simple reassurance.
3. Step by step plans. Our instructions include color coded cut lists and matching exploded views. These can be ordered online for instant viewing, or we can mail a hard copy. Sign up for our Funky Chicken Newsletter for a free set of sample plans.
5. Budget sensitive, knowledgeable and friendly staff. They are ready to make recommendations to avoid common mistakes and meet individual needs.
6. Huge display yard open every day during daylight hours. We welcome you to see the quality before you buy. Directions.
7. Highly customizable. We offer a large assortment of options including matching other buildings on your property.
8. Pay overtime. There are several financing options possible. Speak with a cottage associate to find the best solution.
9. Classic Post & Beam framing = rugged, sturdy and strong buildings that will last generations.
10. Lowest Prices Guaranteed. We can meet or beat any competitor pricing.
Bonus: We are featured in the INC 5000 List of the top 5000 fast-growing innovators in 2018. We are #3967 with 89% growth in 3 years and still going strong.