Jamaica Cottage Shop, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Best to apply in person Monday – Friday 8am – 3pm. Please, no phone calls.
170 Winhall Station Rd, South Londonderry, Vermont 05155
Last updated 10.31.19
Join a team of dedicated fun folks working to advance the tiny house movement. Seeking general office and production workers.
We continue to grow. With this growth comes fantastic new Jamaica Cottage Shop jobs, new opportunities, new positions, new perks, and an abundance of new ways to shine. We looking forward to meeting you soon!
Now Hiring for Spring Positions:
Vermont Manufacturing Company Seeks Additional Office Staff
It’s that time of year again – we’re still growing, and our 2020 season is starting early!
Seeking motivated CSRs (in both Sales and Service), as well as Front Desk Reception, and other entry-level office assistance. Must have a high customer focus, a drive to learn and be challenged, and the ability to multi-task and problem-solve in a timely manner.
Joining the customer service representative team will enable you to help leads design their dream cottage, tiny house, garage, livestock shelter, or storage buildings. A search for friendly professional candidates with an upbeat personality who love to work directly with clients is currently underway. Those interested in learning more about the company and our extensive product line are encouraged to apply.
- Respond to inquiries from customers regarding past, current and pending orders
- Answering phone calls, emails, and attending to walk-in traffic
- Assist client inquiries in all processes leading up to taking a deposit including answering questions, making decision recommendations, and addressing any concerns they may have including those related to budget, site preparation, lead time, etc.
- Filing paperwork accordingly and tracking all workflows using MS Excel and other CRM systems.
- Maintaining a customer database of information (using SAP Business One CRM)
- Solve customer issues and complaints in a timely manner (One Call Resolution when possible)
- Some holiday and weekends required. Candidates willing to work trade shows will have an advantage. This is not a typical 9-5 – the team here is exceptional and support each other until it’s time to call it a day.
- Data entry skills / TYPING & PHONE ETIQUETTE IS A MUST
- Computer literate & skilled navigating through multiple screens including web browsers and MS Office documents
- A minimum of a High School Diploma is desirable; HOWEVER, the company is willing to train those who exude the attitude and eagerness to potentially expand our current company culture in a positive way
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to coordinate with our clients, staff members and other departments
- Flexible and willing to be cross trained to perform other tasks as assigned
- Ability to use constructive feedback positively to grow and excel
- Compensation: Competitive hourly wage with progressive review and increase based on performance; OT paid after 40 hours worked in the weekly pay period
- Our compensation packages consistently outpace the industry averages and include paid birthdays, paid vacations, and earned sick time;
- Weeklypayroll automatically credited to your bank account.
- Wellness Incentive: Reimbursements up to $200/year on authorized programs in the community (i.e. ski / snowboard passes at local mountains, gym pass, yoga, tennis, golf….)
- Life Event Contribution: $100 towards positive life events including the purchase of your first home, getting married, having a child, etc
- Travel Stipend: (up to $100/month – for those traveling further than 30 miles one way each day)
- We are currently looking into 401k plans
- Health Insurance: $200 company contribution each month towards your selection of 1 of the 3 health insurance programs offered; Vision & Dentalplans also available via payroll deduction
- JCS Office: 12′ ceilings with natural light, private and semi-private workspace.
- Future growth opportunities: As we continue to grow and expand, new management and leadership roles will continue to be created with current employees given the first opportunities to apply for the positions before seeking outside candidates
- Bring Your Pet to Work: must complete probationary period prior to submitting a request to have your pet at your work station; other criteria must be met prior to being granted authorization.
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Stop by the office to fill out a formal application (recommended)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26,000.00 to $37,500.00 /year
Jamaica Cottage Shop also offers Paid Internships. These positions are available in both the office and production departments. There is a 90 day minimum commitment required with a minimum 32 hour work week with potential for full-time employment thereafter. The Internship Program coincides with most educational programs and may transcribe as academic credits.
Stop in to learn more about employment opportunities at our Vermont location.
- Client Care Center
- Company Info
- Affordable Financing
- Product Information
- We Move Buildings
- Affiliate Sign Up
- Employment Opportunities