Jamaica Cottage Shop, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Best to apply in person Monday – Friday 8am – 3pm.
170 Winhall Station Rd, South Londonderry, Vermont 05155
Last updated 03.23.18
Join a team of dedicated fun folks working to advance the tiny house movement. Seeking general office and production workers.
You may have seen our logo, company name, and/or posts about job openings in the past so you may think, “Wow, they really go through a lot of staff!” You may have even worked here in the past. Many of our best people have left and come back to work. We continue to grow and in that expansion, we increasingly need more help, not replacements from a revolving door. With this growth comes fantastic news, too. New management positions, new employee perks and new opportunities to shine. We’re looking forward to talking with you soon!
Paid Internships are available in both the office and production departments. There is a 90 day minimum commitment required with a minimum 32 hour work week. There is potential for full-time employment thereafter. The Internship Program coincides with most educational programs and may transcribe as academic credits. Contact us today.
CSRs and Design Representatives with a high customer focus and the ability to resolve problems in a timely manner.
Seeking friendly professional candidates with an upbeat personality who loves to work with people, is interested in learning more about the company and our extensive product line, and is excited to work with clients in assisting them with designing their very own tiny house, cottage, garden or storage shed.
- Compensation: Competitive hourly wage with progressive review and increase based on performance
- Our compensation packages consistently outpace the industry averages and included paid birthdays, paid vacations, paid personal time off and earned sick time; Bring your pet to work policy; Weekly payroll automatically credited to your bank account; Free downhill ski passes (there are five downhill ski resorts within 35 minutes of the shop); Commuting stipend (up to $100/month); Mobile phone and at-home internet stipend (up to $250/month);
- 401(k) matches (up to 6% of salary), with immediate vesting
- JCS Office: 12′ ceilings with natural light, private and semi-private work space to suite your desires
- Future growth opportunities: As we continue to grow and expand, new management and leadership roles will continue to be created with current employees given the first opportunities to apply for the positions before seeking outside candidates
- Respond to inquiries from customers regarding past, current and pending orders
- Answering phone calls, emails, and attending to walk-in traffic
- Assist client inquiries in all processes leading up to taking a deposit including answering questions, making decision recommendations, and addressing any concerns they may have including those related to budget, site preparation, lead time, etc.
- Filing paperwork accordingly and tracking all work flows using MSExcel and Salesforce
- Maintaining a customer database of information (using Salesforce)
- Solve customer issues and complaints in a timely manner (One Call Resolution when possible)
- Some holiday and weekends required during the summer/fall season. Candidates willing to work trade shows will have an advantage
- Data entry skills / typing is a must
- Computer literate & skilled navigating through multiple screens including web browsers and MSOffice docs
- Having a minimum of a High School Diploma is desirable; Willing to train those who exude the attitude and eagerness to potentially expand our current company culture in a positive way
- Seeking strong verbal and written communication to coordinate with our clients, staff members and other departments
- Flexible and willing to be cross trained to perform other tasks as assigned
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Stop by the office to fill out a formal application (recommended)
1-2 new office positions being added right away with additional opportunities opening for the 2018 season.
Jamaica Cottage Shop job openings for the upcoming 2018 season —
The following jobs are open and are full time year-round positions with benefits. If you have an interest in any of the following positions, please come to the office to fill out a formal application and ask for Patrick for an interview and to discuss pay scale.
Tiny House CNC Machine Operator – Wood Sawyer $19.50/hour plus benefits.
Monday – Friday 7am – 3:30 This video shows saw run at 1:32 time stamp https://youtu.be/CRNhTrVRoIw
Hourly Wage including Overtime for hours each week over 40;
Operator positions in include additional Production and Quality Control Incentives
90-day trial/probationary period, no commitments, “at will”
Employee eligible for ski resort lift passes for Skiing/Snowboarding
Weekly Attendance Bonus
Travel stipend for commuting more than 30 miles one way
Tool Allowance Bonus: $250 for every 1,000 hours worked (if working 40-hour work weeks, this is $500/year)
401K option to join company program after 1 year of continual employment
2 weeks paid time off (accruals begin after 90-day trial period)
8 Hours earned every 3 months based on job performance and attendance
Birthday Paid Holiday: 8 hours to use on the day before, the day of, or the day after
Vacation Time accrues from day one and can be used after 1 year of uninterrupted employment, this amounts to 40 hours if working full time
Pet Policy: bring your pet to work
All taxes are withheld according to state and federal law and insurance paid by company
Responsibilities and Duties
Producing post and beam frame kits working with rough sawn green hemlock lumber and kiln dried rough pine. Building and assembly of sheds building parts and tiny houses.
Qualifications and Skills
No experience necessary. Able to lift to 75 lbs. routinely throughout the day.
Must be able to read a tape measure, understand color coding and work with a team. The sawyer running the CNC saw sets the pace for the line producing precut kits for the tiny house and shed designs.
Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
Loader Operator/ Yard Jockey
Duties include: Receiving and Shipping of trucks, yard maintenance and inventory control, the moving and placement of fully assembled buildings, operating a mule for movement of larger fully assembled buildings, working in tandem with forklift operator and re-supplying support. Work independently with minimal supervision. Must be a self-starter.
Support Carpenter / Timber Framer
Duties include: Working under support manager, building JCS doors, pulling PCK support packages, cutting of metal roofing, small general wood working projects, ramp building, and general use of industrial wood working equipment, blueprint reading and heavy timber frame cutting. Must also be able to work independently on timber frames. Willing to train the right candidates.
Duties include: Working under support manager, making JCS doors, pulling PCK support packages, cutting metal, small general wood working projects, ramp building, and general use of industrial wood working equipment, blueprint reading. Willing to train the right candidates.
Fully Assembled Carpenter
Duties include: Building of all JCS fully assembled buildings. Basic carpentry experience preferred but willing to train right person. Self-starter a must! This is a piece wage position which means the more you produce, the more you earn.
Line Support / Back-Up Forklift Operator/ Back-Up Sawyer
Duties include: Working on PCK cut line, tailing of PCK kits, operating of forklift, and operation of CNC wood cutting equipment.
Building Maintenance Person
Duties include: General maintenance of all JCS facility. Basic carpentry, painting, plumbing, masonry, and electrical skills a plus. Would like the right candidate to have basic welding knowledge, but willing to train.
$12/Hr, Escort Car Driver
Run Escort Lead car for wide loads. Looking for someone who can drive the company car and escort oversize loads. This is a on-call position. During our busy season, we run approximately five escorted loads per month. You would be in communication with our dispatcher for scheduling. Typical start times are one hour before sunrise (already be here in the yard preparing to leave). Clean driver’s license/record is required, along with the ability to drive a stick shift (manual transmission).
The company is 30+ people strong and has been in business since 1995.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities encouraged to apply.
You must be legally qualified to be able to work in the United States.
- Client Care Center
- Company Info
- Affordable Financing
- Product Information
- Affiliate Sign Up
- Wholesale Application
- Employment Opportunities