This simple, yet deluxe Gable design, is often used for backyard storage, work or living. Order as is, and you’ll get sturdy structure fashioned with a corrugated metal roof, Eastern White Pine board and batten siding, and ¾” CDX plywood decking. Fascia and shadow trim means the roof overhangs a bit more, offering generous protection from the elements. Inside we utilize rugged post and beam framing techniques that have been proven to withstand the test of time. Uninsulated shells come with our heavy-duty solid pine doors with treated ramp, handcrafted at our Vermont factory. Two barn sash windows adorn one wall and a wood louvered vent provides airflow.
Insulated options tighten up the building for year-round use, providing comfort if using the building as a backyard guest house, office, or workshop.
Choose Your Size & Type
Start by choosing your size and preferred format. We offer complete shells, Three Season, and Four Season structures as Pre-Cut Kits. Fully assembled builds are available to customers whose building sites are located within 300 miles of our factory.
• Complete Shell – With this package you get everything needed to set up an uninsulated shell. Floor system, wall and roof framing, siding, a metal roof, door, and windows come with this package. Order a shell if you need a garden shed, farm stand, or small barn for goats or sheep.
• Three Season –This package includes an insulated floor, wall and roof vapor barrier, and solid pine roof sheathing in addition to everything that comes with the shell. If you want to insulate later on, or just need comfort spring through fall, then this is a good option.
• Four Season – Get comfort year-round with our fully insulated option. The floor and roof are insulated with fiberglass insulation and vapor barrier. The walls get rigid foam board insulation. Then, the interior is finished off with shiplap pine ceiling and wall sheathing. Additionally, energy-efficient double pane windows and an insulated door are included.
Each type of building comes with default options that match our specifications. However, if you want to personalize your building, we have made that process a breeze. As you go through each step, you’ll be able to pick and choose which options you want.
• Strengthen – Our buildings are built to withstand harsh New England weather but offer options to increase its durability. This building defaults to joists and rafters placed at 24” on center, but you could upgrade to 16” on center to increase weight ratings. If your building site is placed in a damp area you might also consider opting for treated skids, or a completely treated floor system.
• Personalize – Oodles of options exist to fashion your storage shed or cottage just the way you’d like. We offer many all-natural pine and cedar siding options. Roofing choices include corrugated metal, Western Red Cedar shingles or shakes, and architectural asphalt shingles. Or bring in extra sunshine with a clear poly roof. If you’d like to stray from the regular metal roof/ board and batten look why not try clapboard siding with architectural asphalt shingles? This would be a great combination if you want to match your shed to your home if it has vinyl siding.
• Add-Ons – If you want to add architectural interest to your shed consider getting some of our hand-crafted add-ons. The 4’x8′ Decorative Cupola sits right on top of your building to transform the building style into a Sugar Shack. Weathervanes are a cute addition too, and you can select from several styles. Then finish off your building with a pair of cedar flower boxes.