The decorative Dollhouse is a simple and sophisticated cottage that makes a wonderful garden shed, playhouse, or even a tiny house. You’ll love the dramatic dormer above the door, especially if you customize the roof with asphalt shingles or cedar shakes.
When cookie-cutter doesn’t cut it for your outbuilding, we’ve got the solution. Meet the Dollhouse. The eye-catching gable above the door of this Victorian-inspired cottage commands your attention, while details like the barn-sash windows draw you in. As a shed, it can come with double doors in addition to the front door, enabling you to load up lawnmowers, wheelbarrows and other equipment with ease. A playhouse in the summer and storage in the winter, or a year-round place to relax, you’ll find that whatever you turn the Dollhouse into, you’ll never get tired of looking at it.
The Dollhouse also comes with Three Season and Four Season insulation options, opening a world of possibilities for this cottage. It could be an office, guest house, she shed, ice cream parlor, farm stand, or tiny home. This design is not only beautiful, but durable. Using the finest craftsmanship, your Dollhouse is handmade at our factory in Londonderry, Vermont from sturdy hemlock and pine lumber. The traditional post and beam building techniques ensure that this whimsical shed will stand the test of time.
Choose Your Size & Type
We offer the Dollhouse in eight different size options, ranging from 8’x8′ to 12’x20′. This cottage is available as a Pre-Cut Kit, which ships all over the continental USA. Build it yourself or hire contractors to construct it for you. We also offer the Dollhouse as a fully assembled building for our customers within 300 miles of our factory in Londonderry, Vermont. Depending on how you plan to use your Dollhouse, you can purchase it as an uninsulated shell, a Three Season Kit, or a Four Season Kit. Our Three Season and Four Season insulation options come with just the front door, so keep that in mind when making your purchase.
• Complete Shell – With this package you get everything needed to set up an uninsulated Vermont Cottage shell. Floor system, wall and roof framing, siding, a metal roof, door, and windows come with this package. This option works well for basic storage or as a small livestock shelter.
• Three Season – For those who want to tighten up their building or get it ready to be insulated in the distant future. This package includes an insulated floor, wall and roof vapor barrier, and solid pine roof sheathing in addition to everything that comes with the shell.
• Four Season – Make your Dollhouse a year-round relaxation station. This package comes with foam board insulation finished with shiplap sheathing. The floor and roof are insulated with fiberglass and vapor barrier. Finally, energy-efficient windows and an insulated door keep the climate under control.
Each type of building comes with default options that match our specifications. However, if you want to personalize your building, we have made that process a breeze. As you go through each step, you’ll be able to pick and choose which options you want.
• Strengthen – Some options are intended to boost the ruggedness of your already robust building. For example, you can increase the weight rating of your floor and roof. Treated floor systems are also ideal for geographical locations that are prone to damp ground. Western Red Cedar siding naturally repels many insects too.
• Personalize – If you want to style your building so that it blends in with your natural landscape, or match existing buildings on your property, we have a plethora of siding and roofing options. We think White Cedar Shingle Siding siding paired with a corrugated metal roof in Copper Penny would be fashionable choices to add to the Dollhouse.
• Add-Ons – Any of our weathervanes would look fantastic on this cottage. Install decorative wrought iron brackets to hold hanging flowerpots. Inside utilize peg-racks for hanging coats and bags.
Build Your Dollhouse:
Select the options you’d like to see below and then click “Configure Now” to customize and add to cart.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a Pre-Cut Kit? What is included in this package?
The Pre-Cut lumber package has all the framing members cut and ready for assembly. It includes siding, roofing, pre-dimensioned trim, and fastening hardware. Many designs also include windows and doors. The floor system, walls and rafters have all been cut, color-coded and part numbered. The detailed cut list coincides with the color-coded exploded view. The head scratching has been removed, the headaches of finding the correct angles and the aggravation of starting from scratch has all been simplified. The kit is geared to a do-it-yourself homeowner with beginner-to-beginner knowledge of carpentry.
Should I buy a Pre-Cut Kit or Fully Assembled Building?
We design our kits to be organized and easy to understand. If you have basic carpentry skills and are looking to save money, a kit is a great idea for you. We ship our kits all across the continental USA and part of Canada.
If you live within our Northeast delivery area, you are able to purchase many of our buildings Fully Assembled. You’ll save time and have the peace of mind that your cottage is being built by expert craftsmen.
What is a Complete Shell and What Comes With It?
A complete shell is an uninsulated building. As a kit, it includes everything required to assemble the building including hardware, precut framing, siding and roofing as well as doors and windows. Hardware, millwork sheathing and DIY plans have been enclosed. Each piece is color coded and part numbered. The exact itemization of what is inserted can be found on the specifications tab of the website for each product page design.
What is the difference between a 3-Season and 4-Season Insulation package?
3-Season –A three-season kit prepares the building for interior finishing. It includes the complete shell plus vapor barrier, solid roof sheathing and insulated floor system. A three season building seals the structure from humidity and moisture protecting from the environment, insects and rodents.
4-Season – Best for year-round comfort. The package includes everything a 3 season does with the addition of insulated thermal pane millwork, wall and roof insulation and kiln dried pine interior sheathing.
Can I Customize My Building?
Yes! When you purchase your building, you have the option to pick siding, roofing, and flooring options to upgrade or modify your building. Read more about what options we offer.
If you are looking for some very special customizations to one of our buildings, our cottage designers can help. Contact our custom shop team to build a bespoke cottage.
How Can I Pay? Do You Offer Financing?
We accept Master Card, American Express, Discover Card and Visa, Cash, Personal Check, Financing, ACH transfers, Wire transfers, and PayPal. There are so many ways to purchase your dream cottage!
We also offer easy financing options, including a 50% now, 50% later option. See financing page.