The unique charisma of the Xylia’s asymmetrical façade makes it an appealing design for tiny home buyers. This cottage is ideal as an accessory dwelling unit, backyard studio, or workshop. Find comfort and relaxation in the open concept floor plan and enjoy the rustic simplicity of this handcrafted hideaway.
All About The Xylia
Inspired by nature, we named this cabin Xylia (‘Zy-Lee-Ah’), which has Greek origins meaning “of the woods” or “wood dweller.” This open concept cottage design comes standard with five windows and a single door. With size options that range from 192′ to 560′ square feet, this model is just brimming with possibilities. It makes a wonderful tiny home, guest house, or granny pod when you opt for a year-round insulation. Or if off-grid living is more your style, add a woodstove, composting toilet, and solar package for independent and sustainable living.
The Xylia’s ornamental flair would also be well suited for use as an attractive building in your garden for tool storage, as a backyard studio, or even a luxurious playhouse. A fancy she-shed or workshop are also great uses for this cottage. No matter what kind of retreat you are dreaming of, you’ll find that the Xylia offers just the right balance of style, versatility and comfort. And just like all our cottages, it is handcrafted in the USA for unmatched quality and durability. We take pride in making products you will be able to cherish with your family and friends for years to come!
The elegant Xylia features a dormer just above the front door, lifting your eyes to the skies. Another charming attribute of this cottage is the saltbox style roof, which helps shed rain and snow off the back of the building. Upgrading this building can further enhance its beauty: choose cedar or asphalt roof tiles, attractive siding options, flower boxes or even a weathervane to make this cottage just as unique as you.
Choose Your Size & Type
Start by choosing your size and preferred format. We offer complete shells, Three Season, and Four Season structures as pre-cut kits. We ship kits anywhere within the Continental United States and parts of Eastern Canada.
• Complete Shell – With this package you get everything needed to set up an uninsulated Vermont Cottage shell. Floor system, wall and roof framing, siding, a metal roof, door, and windows come with this package. This option works well for basic storage or as a small livestock shelter.
• Three Season – For those who want to tighten up their building or get it ready to be insulated in the distant future. This package includes an insulated floor, wall and roof vapor barrier, and solid pine roof sheathing in addition to everything that comes with the shell.
• Four Season – Get comfort year-round with our fully insulated option. The floor and roof are insulated with fiberglass insulation and vapor barrier. The walls get rigid foam board insulation. The interior is finished off with shiplap pine ceiling and wall sheathing. Additionally, double pane windows and an insulated door are included.
Each type of building comes with default options that match our specifications. However, if you want to personalize your building, we have made that process a breeze. As you go through each step, you’ll be able to pick and choose which options you want.
• Strengthen – Some options are intended to boost the ruggedness of your already robust building. For example, you can increase the weight rating of your floor and roof. Treated floor systems are also ideal for geographical locations that are prone to damp ground. Western Red Cedar siding naturally repels many insects too.
• Personalize – If you want to style your building so that it blends in with your natural landscape, or match existing buildings on your property, we have a plethora of siding and roofing options. We think White Cedar Shingle Siding siding paired with a corrugated metal roof in Copper Penny would be fashionable choices to add to the Xylia.
• Add-Ons – Any of our weathervanes would look fantastic on this cottage. Install decorative wrought iron brackets to hold hanging flowerpots. Inside utilize peg-racks for hanging coats and bags. If you plan on using your Xylia year-round, why not add some roof flashing for a woodstove too? Adding one of our decorative 4’x8′ cupolas would transform this cottage into a sugar shack style tiny home.
Build Your Xylia:
Select the options you’d like to see below and then click “Configure Now” to customize and add to cart.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a Pre-Cut Kit? What is included in this package?
The Pre-Cut lumber package has all the framing members cut and ready for assembly. It includes siding, roofing, pre-dimensioned trim, and fastening hardware. Many designs also include windows and doors. The floor system, walls and rafters have all been cut, color-coded and part numbered. The detailed cut list coincides with the color-coded exploded view. The head scratching has been removed, the headaches of finding the correct angles and the aggravation of starting from scratch has all been simplified. The kit is geared to a do-it-yourself homeowner with beginner-to-beginner knowledge of carpentry.
Should I buy a Pre-Cut Kit or Fully Assembled Building?
We design our kits to be organized and easy to understand. If you have basic carpentry skills and are looking to save money, a kit is a great idea for you. We ship our kits all across the continental USA and part of Canada.
If you live within our Northeast delivery area, you are able to purchase many of our buildings Fully Assembled. You’ll save time and have the peace of mind that your cottage is being built by expert craftsmen.
What is a Complete Shell and What Comes With It?
A complete shell is an uninsulated building. As a kit, it includes everything required to assemble the building including hardware, precut framing, siding and roofing as well as doors and windows. Hardware, millwork sheathing and DIY plans have been enclosed. Each piece is color coded and part numbered. The exact itemization of what is inserted can be found on the specifications tab of the website for each product page design.
What is the difference between a 3-Season and 4-Season Insulation package?
3-Season –A three-season kit prepares the building for interior finishing. It includes the complete shell plus vapor barrier, solid roof sheathing and insulated floor system. A three season building seals the structure from humidity and moisture protecting from the environment, insects and rodents.
4-Season – Best for year-round comfort. The package includes everything a 3 season does with the addition of insulated thermal pane millwork, wall and roof insulation and pine interior sheathing.
Can I Customize My Building?
Yes! When you purchase your building, you have the option to pick siding, roofing, and flooring options to upgrade or modify your building. Read more about what options we offer.
If you are looking for some very special customizations to one of our buildings, our cottage designers can help. Contact our custom shop team to build a bespoke cottage.
How Can I Pay? Do You Offer Financing?
We accept Master Card, American Express, Discover Card and Visa, Cash, Personal Check, Financing, ACH transfers, Wire transfers, and PayPal. There are so many ways to purchase your dream cottage!
We also offer easy financing options, including a 50% now, 50% later option. See financing page.