This charming one-room cabin features an open floor plan and high ceilings with a loft. This cottage is brimming with possibilities. Turn it into a storage space, camp, playhouse, pool house, guest house, workshop, cabana, art studio, cabin, or even Four Season living. The Vermont Cottage C features a four-foot-deep porch on the gable end. The spacious sleeping or storage loft juts out over the porch. A ladder provides access above. Plenty of windows bring in sunshine, providing a cheerful interior that is both bright and inviting.
Choose Your Size & Type
Start by choosing your size and preferred format. Purchasable sizes include 16’x20′, 16’x24′ and 16’x30′. We offer complete shells, Three Season, and Four Season structures as pre-cut kits. We ship kits anywhere within the Continental United States and parts of Eastern Canada. Pick from the following:
• Complete Shell – With this package you get everything needed to set up an uninsulated Vermont Cottage shell. Floor system, wall and roof framing, siding, a metal roof, door, and windows come with this package. This option works well for basic storage or as a small livestock shelter.
• Three Season – For those who want to tighten up their building or get it ready to be insulated in the distant future. This package includes an insulated floor, wall and roof vapor barrier, and solid pine roof sheathing in addition to everything that comes with the shell.
• Four Season – Get comfort year-round with our fully insulated option. The floor and roof are insulated with fiberglass insulation and vapor barrier. The walls get rigid foam board insulation. The interior is finished off with shiplap pine ceiling and wall sheathing. Additionally, double pane windows and an insulated door are included.
Each type of building comes with default options that match our specifications. However, if you want to personalize your building, we have made that process a breeze. As you go through each step, you’ll be able to pick and choose which options you want.
• Strengthen – Some options are intended to boost the ruggedness of your already robust building. For example, you can increase the weight rating of your floor and roof. Treated floor systems are also ideal for geographical locations that are prone to damp ground. Western Red Cedar siding naturally repels many insects too.
• Personalize – If you want to style your building so that it blends in with your natural landscape, or match existing buildings on your property, we have a plethora of siding and roofing options. We think horizontal Novelty Pine siding paired with a Western Red Cedar Shake Roof would be fashionable choices to add to the Vermont Cottage.
• Add-Ons – Any of our weathervanes would look fantastic on this cottage. Install decorative wrought iron brackets to hold hanging flowerpots. Inside utilize peg-racks for hanging coats and bags. If you plan on using your Vermont Cottage year-round, why not add some roof flashing for a woodstove too? Adding one of our decorative 4’x8′ cupolas would transform this cottage into a sugar shack style tiny home.