This cozy and charming Nook accompanied with its 4′ porch allows for ample storage space, a cove to pot plants, a small lounging area on the porch and much more. Place this shed or cottage near a pond or in your backyard to give you a personal getaway space for all your hobbies or just to escape the noise of everyday life. Spend your days prepping your plants and seeds for your garden inside this delightful backyard Nook. It compliments any property as a combination meditation room, nature observation area, yoga studio, or a study. Add a railing and Half Newell posts to the porch to give it even more charm.
It can be customized with a variety of upgrades including several siding and roofing options, local artisan hand-crafted glass roundels, flower boxes and weathervanes. Whether you use it as a garden shed, additional guest house space, children’s playhouse, or cold storage shed; the sweet cottage appearance will enhance the surroundings wherever you put it.
Choose Your Size & Type
Decide how large you want your Nook. We offer it in sizes ranging from 8’x10′ up to 8’x24′. Pre-cut kits ship anywhere in the continental United States and parts of Canada. If your building site is located up to 300 miles of our factory, it may be possible to order a fully assembled shed or cottage.
• Complete Shell – This package includes everything needed to complete the Nook. Hemlock floor system, rough sawn hemlock wall and roof framing, Eastern White Pine board and batten siding, a single pine door, barn sash windows, and a corrugated metal roof come with this build.
• Three Season – If you don’t want to insulate right away but would like the option to do so in the future, our Three Season buildings are a great choice. We make sure all of the stuff that is hard to install after the building is built, gets added. This includes floor insulation, vapor barrier throughout, and a layer of roof sheathing. Some order Three Season buildings when they need storage that is a bit more air-tight compared to a shed shell.
• Four Season – Those who plan on using their building as a backyard guest room, office, or tiny workspace, should consider ordering a Four Season building. These buildings are fully insulated with fiberglass insulation. Shiplap pine gets installed for the interior wall and ceiling sheathing. The door and windows are upgraded to energy-efficient, insulated varieties.
*Note – Due to popular demand kits are set up with the walls using ridged foam board insulation sandwiched between the siding and the interior sheathing. All of this gets installed on the outside of the frame, leaving the hemlock post and beam framing exposed. Fully assembled units are built with fiberglass insulation in the walls, and the interior framing will be covered up by the wall sheathing.
The Nook comes with default options that match the specifications. You are able to upgrade the flooring, siding, and roofing to different styles if you find that appealing. We have a rundown of popular customization options:
• Strengthen – The rafters in this shed get installed 24” on center. This placement is strong enough for long New England winters, but in some places, you may need a strong weight rating. You can upgrade your building to have 16” on center rafters. If you want to add durability to the floor system you can pick treated flooring options too, or splurge on the tongue and groove floor decking option.
• Personalize – If you want to change up the look of your tiny cabin or shed, we offer a large variety of options for doing so. Siding choices include pine and cedar varieties. Pick from corrugated metal, architectural asphalt shingles, clear poly panels, and cedar shingles or shakes for roofing. White Cedar Shingle siding looks incredibly fabulous on this little cottage. Choosing a muted metal roof color like Terratone would look sophisticated without being overbearing.
• Add-Ons – Any of our weathervanes would look fantastic on this shed. Install a flowerbox under the barn sash window and install decorative wrought iron brackets to hold hanging flowerpots. Inside utilize peg-racks for storing shovels, rakes, and hoes. If you plan on using your nook as a micro cottage why not add some roof flashing for a woodstove too?