The Hobby House is loaded with features that create a fantastic workshop, art studio, or store. The double barn doors with ramp make it easy to load items in and out, while the storage loft, built-in workbench and overhang prove to be very useful elements for storage and working. Long Description This hobby house shed design features an overhang, interior loft, a built-in workbench, and 5’ double doors in addition to the single door. Its steep roof pitch and high ceiling create a spacious interior feel that allows you to capitalize on vertical storage and larger tools. With the full 8’ walls and generous loft, this cozy workshop has more to offer than any one person can imagine.
This hobby shed outbuilding is undeniably one of the best choices for use as a workshop, art studio, country store, pond house, deluxe backyard shed, and even a little motorcycle shop. No longer are you forced to the cluttered-up garage to work on your projects and hobbies, now the Hobby House grants you the space to take your hobby to the next level. For year-round use consider ordering a four-season kit, which sets your Hobby House up fully insulated. This design is now on display at the Vermont factory. Come take the tour and check it out!
Choose Your Size & Type
Start by choosing your size and preferred format. Purchasable sizes range from 10’x16′ up to 12’x24′. We offer complete shells, Three Season, and Four Season structures as pre-cut kits. We ship kits anywhere within the Continental United States and parts of Eastern Canada. Pick from the following:
• Complete Shell – With this package you get everything needed to set up an uninsulated Hobby House shell. Floor system, wall and roof framing, siding, a metal roof, door, and windows come with this package. This option works well for basic storage or as a small livestock shelter.
• Three Season – For those who want to tighten up their building or get it ready to be insulated in the distant future. This package includes an insulated floor, wall and roof vapor barrier, and solid pine roof sheathing in addition to everything that comes with the shell.
• Four Season – Get comfort year-round with our fully insulated option. The floor and roof are insulated with fiberglass insulation and vapor barrier. The walls get rigid foam board insulation. The interior is finished off with shiplap pine ceiling and wall sheathing. Additionally, double pane windows and an insulated door are included.
Each type of building comes with default options that match our specifications. However, if you want to personalize your building, we have made that process a breeze. As you go through each step, you’ll be able to pick and choose which options you want.
• Strengthen – Some options are intended to boost the ruggedness of your already robust building. For example, you can increase the weight rating of your floor and roof. Treated floor systems are also ideal for geographical locations that are prone to damp ground. Western Red Cedar siding naturally repels many insects too.
• Personalize – If you want to style your building so that it blends in with your natural landscape, or match existing buildings on your property, we have a plethora of siding and roofing options. We think Western Red Cedar Shingle siding paired with an Architectural Asphalt shingle roof would be fashionable choices to add to this Hobby House.
• Add-Ons – Any of our weathervanes would look fantastic on this cottage. Install decorative wrought iron brackets to hold hanging flowerpots. Inside, utilize peg-racks for hanging coats and bags. If you plan on using your Hobby House year-round, why not add some roof flashing for a woodstove too? Adding one of our decorative 4’x8′ cupolas would transform this cottage into a sugar shack style tiny home. For those who want more living or working space we offer overhang, porch, and enclosure add-on kits. These kits provide the materials to provide a roofed structure great for creating space to relax outside, or additional interior living areas. Since this building already includes an overhang, you could potentially add another to the opposite bearing wall.