The Gibraltar Cottage is a stately design that is brimming with potential. It comes standard with an eye-catching barrel arch, a front porch, and plenty of windows. Offered with either 6’ or 8’ walls, this design can fulfill your needs for storage, working, or living, all while providing a one-of-a-kind beauty.
With the right touches it would make a perfect getaway, potting shed, studio, retreat, pool house, backyard bar, or farm stand. Or perhaps you’re looking for a cabin, accessory dwelling unit, or tiny home. If so, we offer insulation packages for the Gibraltar that will make it an ideal year-round dwelling. Consider the addition of a heat source to create a toasty sanctuary. Imagine how impressed your friends and family will be if you offer them a stay in your Gibraltar turned guest house. Or make it into a backyard rec room with a big screen TV, pool table, and at-home bar.
No matter what you turn your Gibraltar into, you’ll grow to love this charismatic cottage more and more each time you look at it. Not only is it beautiful, but the 4″x4″ post and beam frame makes this is a well-built and strapping cabin. And with our plentiful options for customization, you can truly make this building your own. Finish this beauty off with your favorite patio chairs, and you’ve got the perfect spot to sit back, relax, and unwind.
Choose Your Size & Type
Start by choosing your size and preferred format. We offer complete shells, Three Season, and Four Season structures as pre-cut kits. We ship kits anywhere within the Continental United States and parts of Eastern Canada.
• Complete Shell – With this package you get everything needed to set up an uninsulated Vermont Cottage shell. Floor system, wall and roof framing, siding, a metal roof, door, and windows come with this package. This option works well for basic storage or as a small livestock shelter.
• Three Season – For those who want to tighten up their building or get it ready to be insulated in the distant future. This package includes an insulated floor, wall and roof vapor barrier, and solid pine roof sheathing in addition to everything that comes with the shell.
• Four Season – Get comfort year-round with our fully insulated option. The floor and roof are insulated with fiberglass insulation and vapor barrier. The walls get rigid foam board insulation. The interior is finished off with shiplap pine ceiling and wall sheathing. Additionally, double pane windows and an insulated door are included.
Each type of building comes with default options that match our specifications. However, if you want to personalize your building, we have made that process a breeze. As you go through each step, you’ll be able to pick and choose which options you want.
• Strengthen – Some options are intended to boost the ruggedness of your already robust building. For example, you can increase the weight rating of your floor and roof. Treated floor systems are also ideal for geographical locations that are prone to damp ground. Western Red Cedar siding naturally repels many insects too.
• Personalize – If you want to style your building so that it blends in with your natural landscape, or match existing buildings on your property, we have a plethora of siding and roofing options. We think White Cedar Shingle Siding siding paired with a corrugated metal roof in Copper Penny would be fashionable choices to add to the Gibraltar.
• Add-Ons – Any of our weathervanes would look fantastic on this cottage. Install decorative wrought iron brackets to hold hanging flowerpots. Inside utilize peg-racks for hanging coats and bags. If you plan on using your Gibraltar year-round, why not add some roof flashing for a woodstove too? Additional popular enhancements include a cedar shake roof with a copper roll ridge cap, a round door, and flower boxes. For a more rustic and woodsy appeal, consider ordering skinned hemlock posts for the porch, log cabin or Adirondack live edge siding, a local artisan hand-blown glass roundel, or additional windows.