This charming little cottage design possesses a captivating roof line that is just as lovely from the inside as from a distance. The Cross Gable roof abounds with headroom, giving the inside space an open, comfortable feel. Imagine this modern design nestled among flowers and trees in your garden or catching the shimmering sun reflecting off your pool. This design could have any number of uses, perhaps as a hot tub enclosure, a screen room, a pool house, or even a home office.
The Cross Gable makes an ideal storage shed, playhouse, or craft studio. A large shed can also serve dual purposes, becoming a combined storage shed and workspace for hobbies such as woodworking, pottery or jewelry making. As yard storage, you can keep your furniture, kids’ toys, and bicycles within easy reach in summer, yet safely tucked away during the winter. Maintain a stockpile of household supplies or a stash of non-perishable foods to cut down on shopping trips or create the perfectly quiet nook to read while enjoying a breeze through the windows. All of our sheds and cottages are built of the finest lumber and are handcrafted in the USA for decades of durability. You’ll love the way your Cross Gable looks for years to come!
Choose Your Size & Type
Start by choosing your size and preferred format. We offer complete shells, Three Season, and Four Season structures as pre-cut kits. We ship kits anywhere within the Continental United States and parts of Eastern Canada.
• Complete Shell – With this package you get everything needed to set up an uninsulated Vermont Cottage shell. Floor system, wall and roof framing, siding, a metal roof, door, and windows come with this package. This option works well for basic storage or as a small livestock shelter.
• Three Season – For those who want to tighten up their building or get it ready to be insulated in the distant future. This package includes an insulated floor, wall and roof vapor barrier, and solid pine roof sheathing in addition to everything that comes with the shell.
• Four Season – Get comfort year-round with our fully insulated option. The floor and roof are insulated with fiberglass insulation and vapor barrier. The walls get rigid foam board insulation. The interior is finished off with shiplap pine ceiling and wall sheathing. Additionally, double pane windows and an insulated door are included.
Each type of building comes with default options that match our specifications. However, if you want to personalize your building, we have made that process a breeze. As you go through each step, you’ll be able to pick and choose which options you want.
• Strengthen – Some options are intended to boost the ruggedness of your already robust building. For example, you can increase the weight rating of your floor and roof. Treated floor systems are also ideal for geographical locations that are prone to damp ground. Western Red Cedar siding naturally repels many insects too.
• Personalize – If you want to style your building so that it blends in with your natural landscape, or match existing buildings on your property, we have a plethora of siding and roofing options. We think White Cedar Shingle Siding siding paired with a corrugated metal roof in Copper Penny would be fashionable choices to add to the Cross Gable.
• Add-Ons – Any of our weathervanes would look fantastic on this model. Install decorative wrought iron brackets to hold hanging flowerpots. Inside utilize peg-racks for hanging coats and bags. Customize your building with numerous siding and roofing options, or a hand-blown glass roundel window to add some flair. Install a woodstove, composting toilet and solar package for off-grid living. Or install modern electrical, plumbing and heating options.