Using our popular Saltbox shed as the starting point, we updated it to include architectural asphalt shingle roofing paired with pine clapboard siding. These design features provide you with a sophisticated storage shed option without the hassle.
Church Street Features
We started this model from our simple saltbox shed design and added the most popular upgrades of sleek clapboard siding, architectural asphalt shingle roofing, and the gorgeous copper roll ridge cap. The Church Street is among the most elegant Saltbox style sheds that you will ever come across. Spaciousness, practicality, and charming design features have turned this shed into a luxurious storage solution.
Keep your lawn furniture, kids’ toys, and bicycles within easy reach in summer, yet safely tucked away during the winter. Shelter your riding lawn mower or store all your gardening supplies and the equipment you need to keep your home’s landscape looking good. Even a smaller size of this shed has plenty of room for a lawn mower, snowblower, leaf blower or trimmer along with essential garden tools, buckets, and other accessories.
Storage Shed, Playhouse, or Craft Studio? You decide. A large shed can also serve dual purposes, becoming a combined storage shed and workspace for hobbies such as woodworking, pottery or jewelry making. Check the Church Street out if you’re looking for just the right playhouse for the children or grand babies but planning on converting it to store lawn furniture when they have all grown out of it. Have the most sophisticated shed on the block with our Church Street design. Upgrading to the four-season package allows you to convert your shed into a tiny home, guest house or insulated workshop. Set yourself for year-round comfort when you add a heating source.
Choose Your Size & Type
When ordering your Church Street first pick your size. This building comes in sizes ranging from 8’x12′ up to 12’x20′. Pre-cut kits ship anywhere within the continental United States and parts of Eastern Canada.
• Complete Shell – This package includes everything you need to complete an uninsulated storage shed. Rough sawn hemlock floor, wall and roof framing, Eastern White Pine clapboard siding, double doors, barn sash windows, and an architectural asphalt shingle roof come with this build.
• Three Season – If you plan on insulating your building in a few years, or want it to be comfortable spring through autumn, then the Three Season package is the way to go. This comes with everything that is in the complete shell plus a vapor barrier throughout. The roof includes solid pine roof sheathing for the vapor barrier to sit on. The floor comes insulated with fiberglass and is enclosed with an extra layer of CDX plywood.
• Four Season – For year-round comfort get a fully insulated building. The Four Season package comes with fully insulated floor, walls, and roof. Shiplap pine sheathing finishes off the interior wall and ceiling. A 9-lite insulated steel door provides an energy efficient entrance. Double-pane insulated windows also help keep heating and cooling costs down by helping with inside climate control.
*Note – Kits utilize ridged foam insulation, so you can insulate the building from the outside. This allows the rough sawn hemlock post and beam framing to be exposed. Due to shipping restrictions, the walls in fully assembled buildings are insulated with fiberglass installed between the posts, then the sheathing covers up the framing.
Each Church Street comes with default options that match our specifications. However, if you want to personalize your building, we have made the process a breeze. As you configure each building element, you will be able to pick and choose siding, roofing, and window options.
• Strengthen – Many of our buildings come with rafters placed at 24” on center. This placement is strong enough for long New England winters, but in some places, you may need a strong weight rating. You can upgrade your post and beam shed or cottage to have 16” on center rafters. Upgrading the floor system to treated options provide additional protection when building in an area prone to damp ground conditions.
• Personalize – Enhance the look of your Church Street with various siding, roofing, and window options. We offer pine or cedar siding choices. Roofing options include architectural asphalt shingles, and Western Red Cedar shingles or shakes. We think the Church Street looks pretty great as is, so recommend picking the asphalt shingle roof color that will coordinate with your space the best. Cedar roofing would definitely beautify your building. If you want to get fancy, the 2-inch pine tongue and groove floor decking creates a stylish and extra strong surface. Then, top your building off with a distinguished copper roll ridge cap.
• Add-Ons – Feature flowers or a little herb garden when you install cedar flower boxes under your Church Streets windows. When planning on installing a woodstove in a cottage conversion consider getting roof flashing for that purpose.
Build Your Church Street:
Select the options you’d like to see below and then click “Configure Now” to customize and add to cart.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a Pre-Cut Kit? What is included in this package?
The Pre-Cut lumber package has all the framing members cut and ready for assembly. It includes siding, roofing, pre-dimensioned trim, and fastening hardware. Many designs also include windows and doors. The floor system, walls and rafters have all been cut, color-coded and part numbered. The detailed cut list coincides with the color-coded exploded view. The head scratching has been removed, the headaches of finding the correct angles and the aggravation of starting from scratch has all been simplified. The kit is geared to a do-it-yourself homeowner with beginner-to-beginner knowledge of carpentry.
Should I buy a Pre-Cut Kit or Fully Assembled Building?
We design our kits to be organized and easy to understand. If you have basic carpentry skills and are looking to save money, a kit is a great idea for you. We ship our kits all across the continental USA and part of Canada.
If you live within our Northeast delivery area, you are able to purchase many of our buildings Fully Assembled. You’ll save time and have the peace of mind that your cottage is being built by expert craftsmen.
What is a Complete Shell and What Comes With It?
A complete shell is an uninsulated building. As a kit, it includes everything required to assemble the building including hardware, precut framing, siding and roofing as well as doors and windows. Hardware, millwork sheathing and DIY plans have been enclosed. Each piece is color coded and part numbered. The exact itemization of what is inserted can be found on the specifications tab of the website for each product page design.
What is the difference between a 3-Season and 4-Season Insulation package?
3-Season –A three-season kit prepares the building for interior finishing. It includes the complete shell plus vapor barrier, solid roof sheathing and insulated floor system. A three season building seals the structure from humidity and moisture protecting from the environment, insects and rodents.
4-Season – Best for year-round comfort. The package includes everything a 3 season does with the addition of insulated thermal pane millwork, wall and roof insulation and kiln dried pine interior sheathing.
Can I Customize My Building?
Yes! When you purchase your building, you have the option to pick siding, roofing, and flooring options to upgrade or modify your building. Read more about what options we offer.
If you are looking for some very special customizations to one of our buildings, our cottage designers can help. Contact our custom shop team to build a bespoke cottage.
How Can I Pay? Do You Offer Financing?
We accept Master Card, American Express, Discover Card and Visa, Cash, Personal Check, Financing, ACH transfers, Wire transfers, and PayPal. There are so many ways to purchase your dream cottage!
We also offer easy financing options, including a 50% now, 50% later option. See financing page.