Are you looking for lodging or a new tiny home? The Bunkhouse could be your next tiny house, hunting cottage or lake house. The four-foot porch comes standard and provides for a cozy interior loft area with ladder access. The loft has a small opening window that adds ambiance and is ideal for that little investigator in your family. The Bunkhouse, living up to its name, comes standard with a door, windows, and built-in bunk beds. Consider the addition of a heat source to enjoy this hide-away even in the coldest months. The Bunkhouse can be customized with a variety of upgrades including several siding and roofing options, local artisan hand-crafted glass roundels, flower boxes and weathervanes.
When fantasizing about the small cottage lifestyle, you may imagine peaceful surroundings that create a sense of timelessness. Jamaica Cottage Shop makes it a no-brainer with cottages that are adorably durable. These beautiful buildings certainly make charming guesthouses or backyard retreats. When the primary purpose of your small cottage is a vacation home, the intimate space is ideal for couples looking for peaceful weekend getaways or families seeking quality time and bonding. At Jamaica Cottage Shop, we think that a having a cabin in the backyard can be just as rewarding as owning one in the back country.
Choose Your Size & Type
Start by choosing your size and preferred format. We offer complete shells, Three Season, and Four Season structures as pre-cut kits. Fully assembled builds are available to customers whose building sites are located within 300 miles of our factory. Pick from the following:
• Complete Shell – With this package you get everything needed to set up an uninsulated Bunkhouse shell. Floor system, wall and roof framing, siding, a metal roof, door, and windows come with this package. This option works well for basic storage or as a small livestock shelter.
• Three Season – For those who want to tighten up their building or get it ready to be insulated in the distant future. This package includes an insulated floor, wall and roof vapor barrier, and solid pine roof sheathing in addition to everything that comes with the shell.
• Four Season – Get comfort year-round with our fully insulated option. The floor and roof are insulated with fiberglass insulation and vapor barrier. The walls get rigid foam board insulation. The interior is finished off with shiplap pine ceiling and wall sheathing. Additionally, double pane windows and an insulated door are included.
Each type of building comes with default options that match our specifications. However, if you want to personalize your building, we have made that process a breeze. As you go through each step, you’ll be able to pick and choose which options you want.
• Strengthen – Some options are intended to boost the ruggedness of your already robust building. For example, you can increase the weight rating of your floor and roof. Treated floor systems are also ideal for geographical locations that are prone to damp ground. Western Red Cedar siding naturally repels many insects too.
• Personalize – If you want to style your building so that it blends in with your natural landscape, or match existing buildings on your property, we have a plethora of siding and roofing options. We think Shiplap Pine siding paired with a Western Red Cedar Shake Roof would be fashionable choices to add to the Bunkhouse.
• Add-Ons – Any of our weathervanes would look fantastic on this cottage. Install decorative wrought iron brackets to hold hanging flowerpots. Inside utilize peg-racks for hanging coats and bags. If you plan on using your Bunkhouse year-round, why not add some roof flashing for a woodstove too?